Monday, September 25, 2017

Day 3 part one
Good morning from the Salt flats! God gave us a beautiful  view this morning! 

Last night we rolled into Glenwood springs about hour and half late it was dark so we decided to call it a night and try to get some sleep. I found something to put over my eyes so the lights of the train car wouldn't bother me, thought that would help me sleep a little. 
I woke up several times and noted the couple next to us hadn't left yet so I new we wasn't to Salt Lake City Utah. Around 2 o clock I got up and looked into the observation car and noticed a guy laying down under him and his wife's chair. Well I know Chris wasn't small enough so I crawled under our seat with blanket and neck rest and got 3 straight through hours of sleep. I'm glad I put my 8hr hot back wrap on, not that my back was hurting but it kept my from freezing to death! I can't believe how cold they keep it on here. I cant complain cause Im wrapped in my blanket all day. Anyways, I believe we went through Salt Lake around 4ish. We hit a time change so we got up extra early cause I wanted breakfast and watch sun come up. Had to wait another hour before having French toast and hot tea again. 
I would have thought we would be in observation car more often yesterday but it was so packed that we are more comfortable sitting in a recliners and look out our side of the window. 
We got into Nevada with snow on the tops of the mountain. Seen antelope, cows, and horses. No buildings for miles and miles. We are following interstate 80 at a distance running through tunnels now and again. The landscape here is something else, like a seen from a old Wild West movie. Waiting for signs of Indians on the horizon. (Kidding) Id love to stop and be able to take some pictures of the forage.  One thing I did notice in some of the towns we come into there is excess amount of trash next to the tracks. Not all the time but our last stop I could have bought me a pop with the cans I seen on the ground out my window. I'm needing for a cherry coke really bad! And not a Amtrak pop cause it was 3$ a can and think and beer was 6$ a can.

Everyone says closer we get to Reno and into California it will be beautiful again. So I thought while I'm just sitting here I'd do part 1 of day 3
-BP 
Btw chris can sleep anywhere right harry! 






No comments:

Post a Comment