Day 1 part 2
We arrived in ottumwa just after 5:00 to get something to eat before getting to train station. We decided to try the canteen! The best loose meat sandwich ever! Where you can load it up with cheese, pickle, ketchup, mustard and onions and I can't leave out the PIE! It started in 1927 but in 1936 moved to its current location in the alley way now under a parking ramp. They use about 5-8 fifty pound buckets of meat daily. Crazy! The lady next to us said oh last time I ordered 3 sandwiches! I was full after one and a cherry coke. Chris had peach pie. And they even had president Roosevelt on the wall! Now I really really love this place!
As we was there we found it our train was running 30 mins behind, I had it in my plan to get chris to take me to get my toes painted while we waited! Well it's journal and all so I'll tell ya, I got him to get a pedicure also! He said when I get old I'm just going to come to a place like this so they can trim my nails when I can't bend over anymore! I knew he would like it! But for some reason he refused to get a color.
We arrived to the station and got the car unloaded. And we met a 92 year old lady who was leaving her daughter and soninlaw from ottumwa to go back to Colorado where he son would pick her up. He had recently lost her husband of 62 years and this was her first trip alone. A very sweet lady! We was told to go to the second floor of the Amtrak, didn't realize we got to pick our seat so here we are bouncing from seat to seat trying not to get a bar in the middle of our window seat. Finally we took our seats and seated next to a couple probably our age but haven't got to say hello, it's lights out on the train. 10-7am is quite time. We just rolled chariton Iowa. I got my blanket and ear buds in listen to some patty loveless bluegrass to help me go to sleep.
Talk to you tomorrow!
-Bp
Ps little bear isn't liking staying at grandma pattys 😲 He asked what direction his house was! ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment